“Throw kindness around like confetti.” Unknown
I enjoy getting feedback about this blog, and my writing, and other projects, truly I do. I am always pleasantly surprised to discover someone actually reads my stuff. It makes me want to create more, and trust me, I have a billion ideas.
The feedback I’ve been getting lately consists of some of the following: Inspirational. Thought-provoking. Intuitive. Deep. Wise beyond my years.
All very flattering things, so thank you. I’ll try my best to keep it up, but to be honest, I usually just post whatever happens to come out of my head. So in an effort to keep everyone’s expectations realistic, I’d like to take things easy today, and treat this like a nice little chat.
How does that sound? Good? Good.
Ok. Ten ways to spread a little kindness.
1) Tell someone they look really nice today. It can be a stranger, so long as you aren’t creepy.
2) Text your best friend, and thank them for being your best friend.
3) Write a happy poem for the person having a bad day.
4) Pay for the person behind you.
5) Create a thoughtful package for someone, and drop it at their door.
6) Smile back.
7) Clean up something that isn’t your responsibility to clean up.
8) Go to a bookstore. Find a book you love. Insert a note about why you love it. Maybe the next person to pick it up will read the book because of you. (Like comments on Amazon, but in real life!)
9) If you are going to spend time on Instagram or YouTube or whatever, find a new artist/blogger/writer/musician you like, click the like button, and leave a sincere comment about why you like them! It may not seem to be a big deal to you, but to an aspiring creative, it means the world.
10) Have a meaningful conversation with someone.
[Tweet “Throw kindness like confetti. #10kindthings”]
There we go! Ten kind things.
Can you think of any more?
Seriously, talk to me. What are your ten kind things?
Leave a comment, hit me up using @colorofkim, or use #10kindthings.
Let’s throw this around like confetti!